Ep02 – Avoiding the Pitfalls of Needy Team Members
The Growing Your Team Podcast
Micromanaging… let’s be honest. No boss wants to be labeled as a micromanager (or waste their time doing it!) and no team member wants to be micromanaged. However, in small businesses micromanaging happens all the time!
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast (our first informational episode!), I share what causes small business owners to start micromanaging their team members, why it’s not something you want to do even if you prefer to stay updated on team member work, and how to avoid or stop the cycle of micromanagement.
In this episode, we answer the questions:
- Why should I be aware of the cycle of micromanagement even before I hire a team? (1:15)
- What is the dangerous cycle of micromanagement? (2:06)
- I don’t intend to micromanage my team, do I still need to worry about this topic? (2:42)
- What happens in a small business to cause team members to become dependent on the business owner and become a time drain? (3:23)
- How can I avoid micromanaging new team members? (5:45)
- What do I do if I find that I’m micromanaging current team members? (6:15)
- Should I be concerned if I need to train a team member more than once on the same topic? (7:46)
- Should I really let lower-level positions have decision making power? (10:10)
Check out Episode 3 to learn how Jenna Carelli learned how to empower her team and get out of the cycle of micromanagement.
Do you want support and encouragement as you hire and lead your perfect-fit team?
Join the Growing Your Team Facebook community! With the support of Jamie and other small business owners, you can grow a business that’s bigger than you!
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today so you never miss a future episode.
I have so much information to share with you. Plus, I have a long line of guests who you will not want to miss!
Also, if you have not done so yet, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find this podcast and give them the knowledge to grow and lead their team members.