Ep10 – How Does the Surging Gig Economy Impact You?
The Growing Your Team Podcast
Chris Pinault is back for another BONUS episode of the Growing Your Team podcast. This month, we’re talking about the gig economy.
Did you know that small businesses hire about 40% of gig economy workers? And, chances are, as a small business you are being hired by others as part of the gig economy.
Listen to this month’s bonus conversation with Chris and learn what the gig economy is, how new laws might impact you, and how you might be participating in the gig economy with your small business.
About Chris Pinault:
Chris Pinault is the owner of Centric Leadership, a people-centered training and development company located in Saint Petersburg, FL. Chris is a certified coach, trainer, facilitator, and strategist that helps people gain massive traction on their most important work.
His mission is to help people live a life ‘of purpose on purpose’ while developing more servant leaders in the world. He maintains service and empowerment as his highest values and is highly involved with the community and local charities. Chris facilitates many events engaging others to grow personally, professionally, and to build more positive human relationships.
Some of Chris’s other hobbies include meditation, the outdoors, photography, lifelong learning, and saying “hello” to random strangers. Chris can never resist a conversation about concepts and theories, loves to shift people’s perspectives, and has always loved the word ‘Awesome’.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Our opinions on what the term “gig economy” means. (2:10)
- A common client question about whether new gig economy laws impact you. (3:18)
- How you can benefit positively from the gig economy as a small business. (7:04)
- The surprising impact short-term, gig style workers can have on a business and your clients (the good and the bad!) (10:15)
- How every one hour you spend planning can save you HOURS of rework time. (14:56)
- Why it might be in your best interest to avoid the path of least resistance. (17:40)
- Important things to consider in order to build strong teams if your company is going to have a blend of employees and contractors working together. (19:41)
- How the gig economy started with jazz players and farmers. (24:55)
Learn more about the difference between employees and independent contractors in these episodes:
How to Connect with Chris:
Website – www.centricleadership.com
Do you want support and encouragement as you hire and lead your perfect-fit team?
Join the Growing Your Team Facebook community! With the support of Jamie and other small business owners, you can grow a business that’s bigger than you!
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today so you never miss a future episode.
I have so much information to share with you. Plus, I have a long line of guests who you will not want to miss!
Also, if you have not done so yet, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find this podcast and give them the knowledge to grow and lead their team members.
You’re stuck in the cycle of having enough work to be successful but not enough time to grow your business.
You know you need help but you’re not sure what help is best.
You need the three-part method for finding the right person who will save you time and earn you more by getting the right work off your plate.