Ep21 – Why You Need to Leave Your Feelings Out of the Hiring Process
The Growing Your Team Podcast
Feelings and emotions tend to drive most of our decisions. However, when it comes to hiring team members, we need to avoid letting ourselves hire based on emotions.
When we let emotions lead our hiring decisions, we run the risk of hiring the wrong person. Hiring the wrong team member can lead to a waste of resources and the need to start the hiring process over again to find the right new hire.
Listen to this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast to learn who you need to leave your feelings out of the hiring process.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why you need to prove that a candidate can do the job rather than leading your decision making process with feelings.
- How to structure your hiring process to make sure you’re making the right decisions.
- The only time you’re allowed to bring feelings into the hiring process.
- The reality of what happens when you hire a team member based on emotions.
- How you’re setting your new team member up for failure when you hire based on emotions
- Jamie’s story of when she also made the mistake of hiring the wrong person based on an emotional reaction and what stopped her in her tracks.
This episode refers to the following Growing Your Team podcast episodes:
Do you need help navigating the hiring process so you ensure you are making the best hiring decisions for your small business?
Schedule your free Hiring Jump-Start call. During this free call, we will talk about where you are in the hiring process and what your hiring needs are. If there’s a match, I’ll share how I can help you navigate the process so you take the right steps and select the best team member for your company.
Book your call here.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today so you never miss a future episode.
I have so much information to share with you. Plus, I have a long line of guests who you will not want to miss!
Also, if you have not done so yet, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find this podcast and give them the knowledge to grow and lead their team members.
You’re stuck in the cycle of having enough work to be successful but not enough time to grow your business.
You know you need help but you’re not sure what help is best.
You need the three-part method for finding the right person who will save you time and earn you more by getting the right work off your plate.