Build your dream team.
Join the 6-Month program to go from Solopreneur to Employer and hire your next team member with confidence.
Effortlessly attract, successfully interview, and quickly hire the loyal and reliable team members you need.
When you started your business, you had big dreams. You imagined that you would be able to design your day as you see fit and you’d call the shots in running your business.
Now it’s like your business is running you.
You’re tired. You’re working around the clock. You’re at capacity. And you know that the only way to really make traction in your business is to grow.
It’s time to hire.
Otherwise, you’ll be stuck at this level forever, and your only remaining options will be to either raise your prices (which you’ve already done a few times) or to call it quits (which isn’t anywhere in your DNA).
So again, it’s time to hire.
But hiring a team members isn’t as easy as posting on Facebook and finding your dream candidate — trust me, I wish it worked that way.
Instead, there are a number of regulatory and logistical things you have to deal with before you even begin to search for candidates. (And then yes, you need to do all the things to prepare for your new help’s arrival — and there are many things.)
Your ducks need to be in a row (and right now, you don’t even have any ducks, just a bunch of squirrels all out of alignment).
That’s where the Solopreneur to Employer group program comes into play.
In this 6-month program, I’ll show you the exact things you need to know to go from a one-person show to a place of employment.
- Determining when it’s the right time to hire
- How to determine the exact help your business needs
- Creating a job description that attracts perfect-fit candidates
- Creating an onboarding plan and procedures
- Creating an environment that people actually want to work in
- How to delegate without losing your mind
- Payroll, background checks, and insurance requirements
- And the not-so-fun topics of how to handle team member mistakes and performance issues.
Do you have knowledge gaps to fill before you start to hire (which you need to do like yesterday?) Then join the Solopreneur to Employer waitlist and be the first to know when enrollment opens.
Hey, I’m Jamie Van Cuyk.
With over 10 years of leadership experience, I have a track record of hiring and managing high-performing teams and educating business leaders.
Now, I help business owners like you become effective day-to-day people managers so that you can hire and retain the best employees who will help you exceed your business goals.
Some of the hiring accomplishments I have helped my clients achieve include:
- Shortening the hiring timeline from two months to two weeks
- Going from receiving zero qualified candidates while paying to promote a job posting over weeks to four qualified candidates in 48 hours with a free job posting
- Turning a vague four-line job posting into one that clearly defined the job and attracted the right candidates
- Reducing recruitment costs by identifying the right job boards and sites
- Helping a client go from dreading the hiring process to being excited for the process each time their growing business lets them hire again
How will I know the Solopreneur to Employer program is right for me?
This is a very good question, friend! And I want to make the answer super simple. So …
This is for you if:
You’re a solopreneur running a …
- Service-based business
- Product-based business
- Online business
- Brick-and-mortar business
And you …
- Are looking to expand your business by hiring new team members within the next 6 months
- Or you’ve made your first hire within the last year, but you realize you’ve made a bunch of mistakes in the process
- And you know the core products and services you offer and are in growth mode
And you want to …
- Finally be able to offload work and not worry that your business will crash if you take a break
- Bring in more $$$ to your business by being able to take on more clients without worrying about your personal bandwidth
- Strive to have a positive impact on your team member’s lives instead of just seeing each person as a way to make your company money
Does this sound like you? Great! Join the Solopreneur to Employer program waitlist and be the first to know when enrollment opens.
So what’s all included in the Solopreneur to Employer program?
Ah, so you want all the details, right? So here’s what you need to know.
This program is for solopreneurs and small business owners who are looking to strengthen their business by hiring new team members (independent contractors or employees -> part-time or full-time) and want to avoid the costly pitfalls of making the wrong hire or hiring without knowledge of all the rules, laws, and details
The Solopreneur to Employer program includes group coaching calls, one-on-one coaching calls, expert training on several aspects of business operations, a private Facebook group, and email, Voxer, and text access to me for your decision-making needs.
So how much does it cost?
You have two options to join the Solopreneur to Employer program:
Or 6 monthly payments of $575
Have more questions? Book a free call here and let’s chat about it!
Questions people ask about Solopreneur to Employer group program
How will I receive support and get my individual questions answered during this program?
Fully supporting you as you become a great employee is what this program is all about!
You will be fully supported during the program through:
- Every other week group coaching calls
- Three 30 minute one-to-one consulting calls
- A private Facebook group where you can interact with and get support from other group members (and me too!)
- Q&A office hours in the Facebook Group
- Decision-making support through email/Voxer/text
- My expert review of your Job Posting, Interview Questions, Onboarding Plan, and more!
What will I learn as a part of the program?
What won’t you learn as a part of this program?!?!?
For starters, you get access to the Hiring with Confidence course. This course is a step-by-step guide that teaches you how to attract, interview, and hire loyal employees. With unlimited, lifetime access, you can reference and use the information in the course even after your time in this program ends.
During the program you’ll receive the following training:
- Writing a Job Posting – Attract to your perfect-fit candidate
- Reviewing Resumes – Confidently determine if you should interview a candidate in less than 30 seconds
- Interview Questions – Stop wasting your time and determine the questions you need to ask to find your ideal new hire
- Creating an Onboarding Plan – Emerge your new hire into their role and the culture for employee success
- Hiring and Managing Remote Employees – Is it right for your business?
- Delegation – Trusting others is not as easy as it seems
- Expectations – How to set and manage expectations so you can be happy with performance
- Feedback – How to deliver feedback that increases employee engagement
- Onboarding – Why it’s so important if you want great, long-lasting employees
- Effective Interviews – Learn what questions to ask, how to qualify candidates, and how to stay legal during the process
- Employee/Employer Communication Success – How to stay informed on tasks without micromanaging
- Employee Retention – How to create an environment where people want to work
Training from Industry Guest Experts on:
- Payroll – Learn the basics and how to avoid the mistakes that can result in IRS fines
- Background Checks – How they protect yourself and your company from lawsuits
- Employee Handbooks – Why you need one and how to keep it legal
- Liability Insurance – What do you really need?
Build the business that you want.